Thursday, October 14, 2010

AAO how I love thee....

Tier 3 so far has been void of almost any PvP. Lastnight started much the same with everything in every pairing being Order controlled when I logged on. Even scenarios were dead. An hour later I feel like I'm starring in 300.  My ragtag PUG WB finally gives up and decides they are not logging without some influence gain so head to do some RvE. I stick around and see if stalking the zerg may be more lucrative.

Couple fun facts about WAR: Zerging is boring and waiting for BO caps even more so. People also feel very safe with the zerg. Fun facts Aion taught me: You are never safe in a PvP zone and honor is for noobs. So I stalked the zerg, let them cap, then ganked the silly bastards AFK after the zerg left. They retaliated and I just kept stalking. Found little groups at the rats, waited until their healer let his health drop, then pounced on him and finished the group with the help of my little rat buddies. So in the time it took my former WB buds to cap the BOs in a zone I had racked up 150k exp and 7.5k influence.

As time went on I grouped up with a couple other people, took a BO, killed some rats, and got some nice fights with other small groups of Destro. It was just about the best experience I've had with WAR period. That's the key to getting the most out of WAR: you need to learn to make your own fun and find your own fights.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be happy to pimp your blog if yer gonna be around for a while. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grim is quite the pimp!! Great stuff btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogger community! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be good and stay around forever daddy Grimnir! ;)

    I'm the prodigal son of WAR and will be staying until Mythic kicks me out. Expect a more steady stream of posts once I get myself in T4 and can stop worrying about leveling!

    And of course thanks for the comments guys!

    ReplyDelete