Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Back to WAR: Good time to be back

Wow its been an exciting couple of weeks for WAR news. There are a lot of changes on the horizon and they all seem to be aimed at satisfying us players. For more specific information visit the blogs to your right.

First is the news level caps in the Tiers will be higher, and will be overlapping. This couldn't be better! Those T1 free trial twinks are going to be getting a pounding now that you can stay in T1 all the way until level 15. And being level 32 got a whole lot better now that you can stay in T3 all the until level 39. This can also be a good thing when leveling with friends and falling behind or ahead. Currently I don't have any toons in T3 so I'm unable to play with my R/L friend. Not sure how scenarios are going to work with the overlap, but on the topic of scenarios....

There will be a new matchmaking system that ranks you on skill and pits you against people of similar skill! Something that I haven't seen talked about much is a comment Andy made NOT ruling out cross server scenarios. I can't find a link (fail search function) but I don't think I'm imagining it. Now that the scenarios are going to be unhinged from the campaign this is entirely possible! Scenarios are one of my favorite aspects of the game so anything that makes them better is A+ in my books.

There is also the matter of gear being much easier to acquire, something that effects me directly. Being rank 33 means Annihilator is my next step up the gear ladder but the cost is just too steep to warrant buying it. By the time I get enough medallions I'll be very close to 40 and ready to move into Conquer. I'm not alone with this problem because come 1.4 Annihilator will cost COIN and Conquer will cost medallions only--no crests needed. Big relief for me but now the question is do I shelve my toon until the patch or endure T4 wearing Devastator?

Last thing is the pricing on the expansion packs. One for $10 or both for $15. Very reasonable price when you consider how much a regular expansion cost and how much the other RMT items were priced. Sadly I let myself get riled on the forums by the people complaining about the $10 and how its pay-to-win. Don't know why I read the forums.

Overall it seems the game is going in the right direction. I think not only will the current players be happier, new ones will see things they like. Feels like a very good time to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment