Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So that's the gear gap

Got more of a chance to play around in T4 lastnight and it was a much more positive and negative experience. On the positive side of things the lakes were really active with lots of fights and keep taking. Got in some really nice kills. It really makes me feel special when I can take out a rank 40 without much trouble and even more special when I do so with a lot of trouble.

On the negative side I've finally felt the gear gap 100%. Previously I couldn't really understand why people complained so much about top gear players and how unfair it was. Then I fought a Sov. geared Mara 1v1. I barely scratched him. However I love it because things are just so lethal. If I'm on my game I do alright as support DPS, pouncing in to help focus a target or catch the runners. And if I can get the jump on a squishy I can still burn them down quick enough to survive.

Its going to be a long road to 80 but I think I'll enjoy the ride!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's important to note, that the 1v1 competitions are not of important to the function of the game. Sure it's going to happen at times (especially if you like to ambush people), but it's not of consideration in the grand scheme of things. How groups perform, and how warbands fight is a far higher priority, and when fights get larger, contribution of gear tends to be mitigated substantially.

    ReplyDelete