Thursday, November 11, 2010

New armor sets and LotD fun

Lastnight was the big PTS event showcasing the new armor sets and RR100 templates. Buzz on twitter seems to be everyone had a ton of fun. A big negative was the appearance of the armor sets. Bruglir's blog has pictures of the Warpforged sets. Have to say the White Lion set is an atrocity. Well the helm at least. I really have to question who put that together and thought it looked good. I was really expecting something more in line with the Skaven theme. Something that kept to the style of each class but with a dash of Skaven. Oh well, its too far into the future for me to worry about.

Instead of joining everyone on the PTS I was exploring the LotD. I left the game right after LotD was released and never had much of a chance to spend anytime there. Everyone is telling me its the place to grind sub-40 and I'm starting to see why. The mobs are super easy to kill, they drop neat little scarabs, and you even get a little PvP now and again. I was expecting some massive grind to get all the goodies but everything is priced pretty reasonably. Should be a nice place to spend sometime while I make my way to 40.

1 comment:

  1. Some of the sets are pretty cool while others are not quite so much. The White Lions always get screwed in the armor department. That helm is horrible and looks goofy. Hopefully they take some feedback and make some tweaks.

    For us BW's I am pleased with their new sets however, Sovereign is still the best.

    ReplyDelete