Wednesday, November 24, 2010

DING!!


Finally after what can be totaled as almost a year and a quarter I have a rank 40 toon. I got close with my KotBS, hitting 39, but then 1.2 happened and playing Order got real stupid, real fast. I've had other toons in their 30s - 35 Magus and 31 Shaman. Lots in their 20s - 26 Choppa, 23 SH, 26 AM, and 21 WH. And too many to remember below that. But I never got past the foreplay and went all the way.

Until my dearest White Lion.

Every other class lost my interest half-way through. I like to win and when I hit the point where I stop I tend to get bored and re-roll. Not that that did not happen with the WL, its just that the playstyle feels like it was tailored to me. My launch class was a Magus and I still love the class because you never stop moving. Same goes for the Shaman. But the Magus and Shaman were scrapped when Destro became the Zerg. My Knight was fun but when I returned I wanted a fresh start to see the game from the start to finish. The WL has that constant movement and some nice DPS to boot. I think what kept me going was killing a rank 40 Sorc when I was a meager rank 31. I may not have been able to compete with the RR80s but at least I wasn't useless.

Now the game really begins. There is still a long to-do list of things to finish now that leveling is checked off like more leveling. I need to find accessories. I need a good weapon. There are those pocket items I've heard so much about. Then there is the matter of RA specs and career specs. I've reached the summit only to find an even higher summit to conquer. Which is fine because I love the climb.

Protip: I never knew about this but there is a free WAR Tract to be had in Chapter 4 Empire. Very nice little secret that I would have never knew about were it not for my super guild. You just need to get the Chapter 4 influence up two bubbles, select your reward, and then take the Dispatches quest. Head to Altdorf and claim your free level! Below is where you can find it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I remember that feeling, and like you I was close so many times. So many alts I think I may have to start a 12-step program! Enjoy T4 as a 40 :)

    ReplyDelete