Friday, November 12, 2010

Back To WAR: Guild Membership Required

A big change in player behavior I have noticed since coming back is most people avoid PUGs like the plague. This has become very apparent in T4 where finding a PUG is almost impossible. I tried getting one together in LotD lastnight and it took the better part of an hour before a single Slayer finally joined me. We finally got together another five people but all of them were from the Slayer's guild.

What an A-Hole father
Now on the one hand I like seeing guilds working together: more organization means more wins for Order. On the other hand having no PUG groups mean some players get left out in the cold if their guild isn't running a group or there isn't enough people on to make an effective group. In oRvR this isn't a problem for me personally as my guild is almost always running a warband. But now that I'm spending time in LotD it is getting frustrating trying to grind effective sans healer or tank. Nothing worse then finishing two stages of a PQ only to have to start over because you can't solo the boss.

Would have preferred this
hat to the new helm.
I feel like a kid in grade school excluded from the soccer game when I walk by a group grinding a PQ after I've been spamming LFG in region. I would jump in and finish the PQ with them but then I almost feel like I would potentially stealing a sweet bag if I won above green in the end. My only solution is to start an open group and hope there is another loser like me wandering the desert alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment